SAMA UVResearch Group on food and environmental security
State-of-the-art analytical technology and services for the determination of pollutants and natural components and risk assessment
The research group on Food and Environmental security (SAMA-UV) is dedicated to research in environmental and food sciences and provides cutting-edge analytical technology and services for the determination of pollutants and Natural components focusing their activities in the areas of environmental health, quality and food safety as well as in the evaluation of risks and the study of human exposure.
• Sources and transfer of emerging and persistent pollutants (POPs), bio-accumulation and biomagnification.
• Environmental risk assessment.
– Detection of contamination sources and sources of contamination.
– Metabolomics of organic pollutants in the environment.
– Exposome study of aquatic biota
• Study of the behavior and fate of emerging pollutants during wastewater treatment.
– Development of environmental forensic methods and sewer epidemiology.
Quality and Food safety
• Advanced Chemical Analysis
• Characterization of quality and food safety in the framework of food legislation (finished product, raw materials, etc…).
• Foodomics: Profile and fingerprint techniques for the characterization of food, its authentication and the characterization of its origin.
• Advanced Analysis
• Human diet Studies
• Integrated risk assessment.
Fields of Application
Quantity and quality of water, sediment and soils
Preservation of natural spaces and biodiversity
Restoration of contaminated areas
Quality Control of raw materials and processed products
Authenticity and control of fraud
Analysis of organic and emergent pollutants
Detection and monitoring of sources of pollution
Identification of biomarkers and unknown compounds
Calculation of drug use and drugs of abuse in populations
Calculation of estimated daily intake (EDIs)
Calculation of exposure in different scenarios
Contract offer at the Food and Environmental Security Group of the University of Valencia(SAMA-UV) of the Desertification Research Center(CIDE), CSIC-GVA-UV. We are looking for postdoctoral candidates who have completed their thesis no more than four years before the...
The FOOD AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY RESEARCH GROUP OF THE UNIVERSITY OF VALENCIA (SAMA-UV) at the Desertification Research Center (CIDE, CSIC-UV-GVA) offers an employment contract for a junior doctoral researcher, specializing in chromatography and advanced...
SAMA-UV laboratories equipped with a µFTIR to determine microplastics in environmental samples. New scientific equipment at the CIDE thanks to the IDIFEDER/2021/083 grant for the acquisition of R&D&I infrastructures and equipment for the period 2021-2022...