The research group on Food and Environmental security (SAMA-UV) is dedicated to research in environmental and food sciences and provides cutting-edge analytical technology and services for the determination of pollutants and Natural components focusing their activities in the areas of environmental health, quality and food safety as well as in the evaluation of risks and the study of human exposure.
• Screening of non-regulated contaminants (emergent) and regulated in water, sediments, soil and biota. Evaluation of the spatial-temporal trend in relation to water quality. Study of the presence, transport, destination and bioavailability of emerging and priority pollutants in environmental compartments.
• Sources and transfer of emerging and persistent pollutants (POPs), bio-accumulation and biomagnification.
• Environmental risk assessment.
• Study of the behavior and fate of emerging pollutants during wastewater treatment.
• Development of environmental forensics and sewer epidemiology methods.
Quality and Food safety
• Advanced Chemical Analysis
• Characterization of quality and food safety in the framework of food legislation (finished product, raw materials, etc…).
• Foodomics: Profile and fingerprint techniques for the characterization of food, its authentication and the characterization of its origin.
• Advanced Analysis
• Human diet Studies
• Integrated risk assessment.
Fields of Application
Quantity and quality of water, sediment and soils
Preservation of natural spaces and biodiversity
Restoration of contaminated areas
Quality Control of raw materials and processed products
Authenticity and control of fraud
Analysis of organic and emergent pollutants
Detection and monitoring of sources of pollution
Identification of biomarkers and unknown compounds
Calculation of drug use and drugs of abuse in populations
Calculation of estimated daily intake (EDIs)
Calculation of exposure in different scenarios
Join SAMA-UV with our offer Contact: Yolanda.Pico@uv.es You're interested in doing the thesis. We offer an initial contract of 2 years of researcher in training. Requirements: Have a degree from 2015 or later, an average grade of 7.8 or higher and have completed or...
Pharmaceutical residues in the Pego-Oliva marsch endanger the park biota SINC | 20 marzo 2013 09:39 Scientists from the Faculty of Pharmacy (University of Valencia) and the Desertification Research Centre (CIDE) have detected 17 types of medicines in the waters,...